Rural Financial Cooperatives Development (RUFCOD)
Rural Financial Cooperatives Development (RUFCOD) project started in December of 2009 and is expected to run through December of 2012. This project was awarded to World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The IIFC Group remains as a sub-organization and is fully involved in the implementation of the said project.
- To increase access to financial services of small and medium-scale business owners, farmers, low and medium-income households and women.
- Ultimately, improve the living conditions and livelihoods of cooperative members and greatly increase economic activities and employment opportunities in the communities served by the project.
- Increase membership and promote new IIFCs in RUFCOD’s Area of Operation (RCE, RCS, RCSW and RCN)
- Bring all IIFCs under a national organization – the IIFC Group – that will provide supervision, technical assistance and loan capital to the IIFCs
- Expand access to finance (credit) for primary inputs and equipment for farmers
- Wherever feasible, increase the use of modern financial technologies combined with traditional systems to give rural areas broader access to basic financial services